Rapid Diagnostic Testing
BioCifer’s purpose is to change lives and transform communities through the rapid detection of diseases.
BioCifer’s purpose is to change lives and transform communities through the rapid detection of viruses and diseases.
Rapid diagnosis changes lives. It’s not just about a medical test: it’s about saving a life, protecting a child, rescuing a community.
‘Changed Lives’ is about making it easier for path labs, researchers, and medical workers to do their jobs or for patients to be more fully informed about their health, knowing they can rely on BioCifer and that our community and partners have their backs.
TNA-Cifer Reagent E: Fast, simple and effective sample preparation for total nucleic acid tests
BioCifer’s breakthrough sample preparation reagent facilitates accurate sample analysis and testing, through a simple three step protocol. No magnetic beads, no spin columns, no elution. Just mix, hold for five to ten minutes at room temperature, and your sample is ready. TNA-Cifer Reagent E is developed, tested and manufactured in Australia to meet the needs of a wide range of highly sensitive downstream molecular applications in pathology testing and diagnostics.
TNA-Cifer Reagent E prepares biological samples for total nucleic acid testing, effectively extracting DNA and RNA in as little as five to ten minutes. Importantly, TNA-Cifer Reagent E’s unique composition inactivates some pathogens (including SARS-CoV-2).
Simple, fast, safe, accurate and effective DNA and RNA extraction. The benefits are clear:
- Rework is minimised, because less steps in the process means less opportunity for errors
- Laboratory throughput is increased, because the TNA-Cifer Reagent E protocol is three times faster than other extraction technologies
- Capital costs are reduced, because there’s no need for expensive extraction workstations tied to a specific supplier, technology and reagent kit
- Laboratory flexibility is enhanced, because TNA-Cifer Reagent E protocol is especially suitable for low volume testing, more often in each work cycle
- Automation is easy, because the TNA-Cifer Reagent E protocol requires only simple pipetting, well within the capabilities of common liquid-handling laboratory robots
- Safety is improved, because TNA-Cifer Reagent E inactivates pathogens in seconds
- Supply is assured, because TNA-Cifer is desgned, manufactured and stocked in Australia.
TNA-Cifer Reagent E is the first product release from BioCifer’s suite of simple and powerful diagnostic solutions. At this time, TNA-Cifer Reagent E is available to pathology organisations, research institutes and universities as a “research use only” product.